Friday 26 October 2012

Sobriety

Stench
We all contribute something different
Even egomaniacs impact individually
Visceral, spiritual or theoretical intentions
Your spoke of anti-rhythm in my mind still turns a wheel
Though it's sometimes better to focus
Intent
Makes a difference on the consequences.
Counselling neurosis
While stirring barley and lentils
With spinach
Out of earshot from the dripping faucet.
We  legislate a ban on smoko breaks
But happy to serve you with the Responsible Service of Alcohol
Over-stimulate you with too much caffeine
Let's hope it's fair trade.
Before too long we'll find a way to genetically modify you
If that option turns out cheaper.
I don't like conflict, you say
I suppose you contribute in other ways
Even Sir Thomas Moore
Looked the other way.
There's no I in team,
But still,  there is me.
Get up from that hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment