Thursday 25 October 2012

Verso Recto Inter alia

Verso
Recto
Inter alia.
Cryptic signatures from my intuition
Extend their threads outward bound
Leaving their indelible mark.
Four months I have sat here
A lament for myself
And by myself
Nary a goon box
Or a dash of weed
Be required
Lack of originality means I could
Plagiarise.
But meh,
Whatever
Much easier to sink into lassitude.
Verso
Recto
Inter alia.
The opportunity for help
More than once did arise
Not so much a dilemma
But a quandary trying to fit multiples of  nothing in.
A guide did come along
Let's say we name him
Bob.
With implements and tools
Not once did I find  a spandrel
Discombobulated  at every turn.
I could have been at a sweatshop
But rather I'd help
Where help is most deserved
And here we are again,
Verso
Recto
Inter alia.
A fixin and a paintin
A chuckin and a tomahawkin
Scrappy knees
And daily bruises
Mind you OH&S please.
I told you where it was
Its that hammer over there.
That's a kanga to you, sir
One needs no haiku here
For the idea will surely stick
Verso
Recto
Inter alia.
For four months that help kept me fed
Did not ask for a hand-out
But when you come to depend on the help you thought you were giving,
Time to step away
And get back on your feet
Through other means.
It only took four months
To put prejudice aside
For soon enough
I'll find
Another complaint
No sooner than did I walk into
That centre's door
Then finally my previous charm worked its tricks
Now to find something
Suitable
For 9am next Monday sharp,
For soon enough
I'll find another complaint
This chance is short
But what in life isn't
Verso
Recto
Inter alia.







No comments:

Post a Comment